Monday, February 16, 2009

Creative ZEN X-Fi Wireless MP3 Player


I recently purchased the Creative Zen X-Fi MP3 player because my Creative Zen Vision W was just too bulky to use as a go anywhere player.

The X-Fi is very sleek at 3.3" wide and 2.2" tall with a thickness of .5". I purchased the 32GB model with built in Wi-Fi capability. I have been very pleased with the X-Fi's sound quality it is unsurpassed by any other player I have listened to. The Creative software that comes with the X-Fi is very easy to use with drag and drop similar to iTunes. I did have problems trying to use Windows Media Player 11 to sync with the X-Fi, if I tried to remove too many files from the player through Media Player it would freeze up the player. This problem was not present when I would use either the Creative software or just browsing the device in windows explorer. The player has a built in FM Tuner and the ability to record FM Radio. It also plays MPG, WMV, and DiVX formatted video files, the software comes with a video converter that will convert any video to be compatible with your player.

I was able to attach to my home wireless network in seconds with the device and it does a search for Creative compatible Media Servers, and it just so happens that my Iomega StorageNAS where I store all my music is compatible and was recognized as a device I could browse and add music to the X-Fi from. You can also install Creatives Media Server software on any PC you want the X-Fi to recognize.

The only con that I can see with the device is that all the buttons do not light up so you have to be able to feel your way around the buttons in a low-light situation.

The X-Fi comes in 3 storage capacities; 8GB,16GB, and 32GB. The 16GB and 32GB are the only ones that the Wi-Fi is available on.

No comments:

Post a Comment